Thursday, October 27, 2005

Job update

Well, Monday was the interview with the director of Yejj, and overall it went very well. I think there's a good chance that I will wind up doing a bit of teaching for them, and probably a bit of consulting with some of their clients as well. The money we talked about was even quite good, at least by Cambodian standards. He clearly is impressed by my credentials, and I don't think I looked like an idiot in the interview either.

Now is the hard part. He's got a million things going on, and I have just the kids. I check my e-mail constantly. I have no idea when exactly I'll hear more, so I just want to know NOW. Ugh. Oh well, I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck. Lord knows the job search is never a fun one, but this sounds like a very good fit

Anonymous said...

This sounds so promising - I'm sure you were terrific in the interview! I don't think I can remember one single time when you appeared to be an idiot (unlike some of us!) I'll be interested to hear more details. Waiting is no fun. It would be interesting to count up the hours and events in a person's life that involve waiting for news that is often life-changing. (Gee, getting up early on a Saturday morning seems to make me philosophical!) Good luck -keep us posted.
Love,
Phyllis