Friday, August 05, 2005

The beginning

Back in the Good Old Days, we had a website. I don't even remember anymore what the URL was, but it was one of those freebie hosting places. The site looked awful, but it really was just a place to put a few pictures of our travels, and we didn't have any money to pay for a real website. We still don't have any money, but when Jen told me to get us a new site that we could really use for our now much more important pictures and notes to family and friends, I started looking. Then I found out that my big brother had a blog. Not a weenie little one like this, but a real blog, on a site for folks who do more than blog. (Check it out at TechRepublic). So I thought, well, golly. That's exactly what we need! Five years down the road, trends are catching up with us. And boy is this much easier than crafting HTML by hand.

A few more bits of explanation. Tonight is when I am starting this because Jen is off in Koh Kong, doing some sort of trip for work. Something to do with elephants and prisons, although I don't think those two things are actually connected. In any event, the TV has nothing on, and I felt like writing a bit. The name for the blog, incidentally, comes from Ellie. She just got an early birthday present - a swimming pool. I'd post photos from the day, but Jen has the camera. Let's just say the pool saved the day, and she went swimming twice. Or, in Ellie, "imming". That initial "s" gives her loads of trouble.

We are all doing well, I heard that Jen managed the 7+ hour trip just fine. I am just praying that she makes it back tommorrow, as scheduled. I'm paying overtime to get help for all day tomorrow, but Sunday I'm on my own. I have a few tricks available, but Phnom Penh isn't exactly loaded with great places to take your toddler who misses her mommy. Wish me luck.

Nathan

No comments: