It's been a busy week around here--or rather, I continue to be amazed at how personal time vanishes once you have kids, so every week feels like a busy week. We still haven't posted photos from our trip to the US, but I'm going to leave that for Ed to do when he has a chance.
Ben is now so good at walking that it's tough to get him to sit down. He loves to play chase. He also has developed a real obsession with using silverware to eat, and often tries to feed himself with a spoon in each hand. And sometimes he insists on using our spoons, too. He also likes to smear food in his hair, which means that he often gets an extra shampoo after meals. I think he's taken training in baby passive resistance. He's learned to go limp when you pick him up so he's harder to carry. Send him out to the protest!
Ellie had a tummy bug this weekend but seems to be over it now. She's doing really well in her swimming lessons and this week even put her head under water--a real accomplishment for a child who has been a waterphobe from the start.
She's given us some real zingers lately...She's created a new category of parent--"best mom" and "best dad"--which are similar to a best friend we think, though we're not sure who the competition is in either category. When she likes you, she'll say "You're my best mom". She just went through a mommy phase, which meant that Nathan was getting a bit of a cold shoulder. Sometimes she would tell him "You're not my best dad, but you're still my dad." Once she even told him, "You're not my dad." Ouch. But Nathan just laughed it off. And yesterday when I came home for lunch, the first thing she told me was "I want you to get hit by a bus." Apparently they were playing a game where you got hit by a plastic bus and fell to the ground. Then Dr. Ellie fixed you up using the therapeutic laying on of lego.
Nathan made his acting debut yesterday by volunteering to do a voice over for an Oxfam video yesterday. He also is going to to talk to the consulting folks tomorrow about doing some consulting for them. Work has slowed down a bit for me, which means that it's just busy instead of super busy. A nice change, really.
Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Go Ed! Be The Voice! I wanted to try out to be "The Voice of Metro" a coupla months back but couldn't get out computer's microphone to cooperate, and now I'm kicking myself for not trying harder. Would have been cool
Thanks for the update. It's great to watch the kids take new steps towards growing up. You have such a great attitude towards their shenanigans, like perpetually putting food in the hair. I'm not sure I could have been so patient. It's great, though, how kids are endlessly entertaining. Because they're always changing and growing, they're also always coming up with new material. They're the envy of every comedian!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment